Mozy comes in 2 flavours, one for home users (MozyHome) and one for business users (MozyPro). The first is free as long as you don’t need to backup more than 2GB of personal stuff. To get started simply sign up, download and install the setup files. Then pick your backup folders and files and you are all set, the rest is automatic.
- Open/locked file support: Mozy will back up your documents whether they’re open or closed.
- 128-bit SSL encryption: The same technology used by banks secures your data during the backup process.
- 448-bit Blowfish encryption: Secures your files while in storage, providing peace of mind that your private data is safe from hackers.
- Automatic: Schedule the times to back up and MozyHome does the rest.
- New and changed file detection: MozyHome finds and saves the smallest changes.
- Backs up Outlook files: Disaster-proof email protection.
- Block-level incremental backup: After the initial backup, MozyHome only backs up files that have been added or changed, making subsequent backups lightning fast.
Even if you already have an external disk storing all your valuable information, it could come in handy to have it on-line as well in case your house burns down or any other strange happening occurs…
It’s all automatic so why not go straight to registration?